Clinical Health Care Support Level 2
The NHS is recognised as the largest employer in Europe. There is a need to recruit, retain and develop the skills of this workforce. Our diplomas in Health are the benchmark qualifications, covering eight specialist pathways and forming the basis for career and workforce development in the health services. These 2011 qualifications are based on the National Occupational Standards for Health. They contain some units in common with the Health and Social Care diplomas but offer a different structure and specialist options.
The purpose of this qualification is to guide and assess the development of knowledge and skills relating to the health workforce. This qualification confirms competence in a range of clinical healthcare support skills.
The above qualification consists of:
- Diploma in Clinical Health Care Level 2
- Functional Skills English Level 1
- Functional Skills Maths Level 1
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
To achieve the Level 2 Diploma in Clinical Health Care learners must achieve 50 credits from a set of units including in the Mandatory units listed below:
- Introduction to personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Introduction to communication in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Introduction to duty of care in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Introduction to equality and inclusion in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- The role of the health and social care worker
- Contribute to health and safety in health and social care
- The principles of infection prevention and control
- Causes and spread of infection
- Implement person centred approaches in health and social care
- Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- Handle information in health and social care settings
Learners will go on to choose from a comprehensive list of optional units specific to their role in Clinical Health Care. The learner’s assessor will guide learners through the underpinning knowledge needed. Learners will also be observed in the workplace by their assessor and complete assignments, case studies, short answer questions and personal statements.
- Level 3 Diploma in Clinical Health Care
- Level 3 NVQ Certificate in Management
- Level 3 QCF Qualification relevant to the learners job role
For full details about this qualification please visit the City and Guilds website.
Full funding for the Apprenticeship in Management is available for learners aged 16-18 years old.
Aged 19 and over there could be a contribution towards the cost of the qualification dependant on funding criteria and candidates prior achievement.
This qualification can be delivered in house, on a one to one basis or alternatively in addition to assessment, observations and assignments, group workshops can be arranged.
For full details about this qualification please contact us on 01604 871340 – option 1